Wednesday 13 May 2009

Amazing Tree and Macmillan surprise


I was lucky enough to be picked up by Macmillan judges. The Boy Who Made Up A World has been chosen as highly commended. The standard of entries this year (all 276 of them!) was extremely high so it was really surprising! 
 
 Exhibition of illustrations is taking place from 10 am -6 pm at Foyles Gallery,  113-119 Charing Cross Road, London, WC2H 0EB until Friday 15 of May. Check this out. There are some really good children's book illustrations from students of UK Arts Colleges. The  first prize winner's stuff (Fridtjof Olsen "The Owl who chased the Moon") is really amazing.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Alex!
really happy you got the prize!

Aleksei Bitskoff said...

thanks thanks... :)))

Aleksei Bitskoff said...

thanks thanks... :)))

kane said...

Hey Alex. I love your work. It's so amazing. I added your blog to my links on my blog.

Paul Shinn said...

Well done Alex! That's good news about the Macmillian competition! Congratulations!

Aleksei Bitskoff said...

Arigato everyone! :)

Kazuko Morishita said...

Congratulations! My work wasn't chosen but I understood very well after I saw your work :P I will check winner's work at the exhibition!

Katie said...

Ula ula, well done friend)

we are cava